Facing issue when comparing two azure database

Nov 8, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Edited Nov 8, 2014 at 6:50 AM
Hi

I have been a regular user of DB Compare since 1 year and using it in local network without any issue.

I am facing issue when comparing two azure database. From exception text it appears to be an authentication error but would like to inform that databases were getting listed and comparing started and then exception occurred.
I feel it may a rights issue. Azure may (by default) not be giving some rights required by DB Compare.
Please let me know if others are facing similar issue and the possible permissions required to run DB Compare successfully.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "xxxxx" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'xxxxx'.
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2014 at 7:14 AM
Sorry I didn't see this issue until now.

I have used DB Compare with Azure SQL, I learned to go to Azure Portal and take the connection string they give you.

It is located on the right hand side when you are viewing a SQL database in Azure Portal.

If you are still having trouble leave another message.

I am glad to hear you have been using it for a year, I have never had a single rating or review so I thought every download has been a bot.
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2014 at 10:56 PM
I am working on 1 issue with Azure SQL, it has to do with the fact the text of Functions is failing because SysComments does not exist in Azure SQL.

I am working on a solution and should have one in a day or so.